12.12.2011

Adenovirus + Lily Reese = Night in Hospital

Sweet Little Reese came down with a horrible fever the week before last and ended up in the ER. It started Saturday night so we gave her Motrin throughout the night, when her fever went down we felt OK. The next day, she was still not her self. We were not over worried, so we were out and about but quickly realized we needed to get her home. It had definitely progressed. She was a little hot potato! I ran her down to an Urgent Care around 5:00, they couldn't take her due to her age so we went to St. Tammany ER. They nurse took us back to triage and she had 104.5 fever and was very dehydrated!! The nurses were worried so they brought us straight back for an IV of fluids. IT WAS SO SCARY. I was so happy to see Aunt Sue aka Dr. Craig on duty (Craig's aunt, LR's great aunt). She kept me calm and told me that LR had a virus and that we would have to stay overnight due to it. At about midnight they took us up to Peds. We were the only ones and they took great care of us. At 1:00 am (7 hours after being there) my sweet baby was acting like herself again. I tried her in the crib but she wanted nothing to do with it (which I was fine with because she was in my arms allllll night)!  We were up and down all night with nurses coming in. Oh and she had the IV on her arm that she sucks her thumb =( . I mean shouldn't I have realized that when they were sticking her with that stupid needle!!
We were released the next day at 2pm. She has been doing fine!
It was scary but she was a little trooper!!

When we arrived!

Poor little angel
(she looks so big in this pic)

Her IV with the board backing it

1 am in the crib starting to act her self!

Mommy you are crazy if you think I am sleeping in this jail house crib!

The next morning, exhausted but feeling better!
(sporting christmas socks 4 sizes too big that the nurses gave to her since we had no extra clothes with us)

On a better note, Last Friday Craig's Mom (CZ is what the babies call her =) had all her best friends out to a wonderful lunch. Reese was finally feeling better so I took her out!
Her first Christmas outing!





My silly little elf excited to eat his santa cookie that we brought back to him from CZ's lunch



1 comment:

  1. Oh Kristin this is sooo pitiful!! So glad she is better! I know this scared you to death. The Christmas socks are just too cute :)

    ReplyDelete